Welcome to Kansas High School Equivalency (GED®) Services

The Kansas Board of Regents is the official GED administrator for the state of Kansas.  This site provides general information on GED test taking and records.

The 2014 GED® test is a four-subject high school equivalency test that measures skills required by high schools and requested by colleges and employers. The four subjects are Science, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, and Reasoning Through Language Arts. After you pass the GED test, your diploma or credential will be issued by the state of Kansas, and you’ll receive a GED transcript that you can use to apply to college, start a training program, or get a better job.

Visit www.yourged.org to access resources, get tips, and search by zip code for a GED Testing Center near you.

Click here to review a list of Adult Education Centers in Kansas.

Getting Started

All Test-takers must create a MyGEDTM portal account at www.ged.com. Test-takers will use their MyGED portal account to schedule and pay for exams. The MyGED portal account will also provide additional resources, including:

Step by step guidance on the MyGED portal is available at: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/educators/2014training

For a free tutorial of the GED exam go to: http://gedtestingservice.com/2014cbttutorialview/

For sample test questions go to:

How to Request GED Records

All Kansas GED requests are processed through Diploma Sender (www.diplomasender.com). No State Agency (including the Departments of Education, Corrections, and Commerce) can assist with GED requests. Visit Diploma Sender online for additional information.

Diploma Sender is a safe website that can be accessed from public computers with internet connections, often available at local public libraries. If you cannot access the internet to order online, you may order copies by phone. Just call Diploma Sender, toll free, at 1-855-313-5799. Additional charges will apply.

Individuals who have tested and passed the GED test in Kansas may request a copy of their GED Diploma (certificate) and/or GED transcript (scores). If you are sending your document(s) to another party, we recommend you ask the school/employer which version of your GED records they require.

Note: Recent graduates will receive a special offer to obtain your initial Diploma and transcript free of charge. Go to www.diplomasender.com, set up an account, then locate the link: “You have free diplomas and/or transcripts available for you! Click here to order them” and proceed with the order process. Customer service or support issues should be directed to: support@diplomasender.com or toll free at 1-855-313-5799.

Schools and agencies wishing to obtain GED verifications or official documents will create an agency account at www.diplomasender.com. Customer service or support issues should be directed to agencysupport@diplomasender.com.

Should you have any other questions, please contact Tobias Wood, High School Equivalency State Administrator, at TWood@ksbor.org, or 785-368-8333.

GED® Preparation Programs & Testing Centers

Information on Preparation programs and GED® Testing... Read more.

GED® Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions... Read more.