Explore the below resources, produced by the Workforce Development staff at the Kansas Board of Regents.
- Workforce AID. Employers in Kansas are leading the way to close the skills gap using lessons learned in supply chain management. Check out this video produced by USCCF Education and Workforce about efforts underway in Kansas. "THE RIGHT TRAINING FOR THE RIGHT JOB. NOW." That's Workforce AID (Aligned with Industry Demand). It's a training program designed by companies who want to hire skilled workers NOW:
- National Manufacturing Day takes place each Fall. Click here to learn more. In 2013, this event brought more than 200 students and educators from Wichita Public Schools for a day of hands-on participation and exploration at WATC’s main campus, the National Center for Aviation Training (NCAT). Participating students experienced eight different Career and Technical Education (CTE) exploration stations including welding, machining, robotics, aviation manufacturing and more, catching a glimpse of what a manufacturing career is all about:
- On November 19, 2013, Kansas Board of Regents Vice President of Workforce Development, Blake Flanders, testified before the United States House of Representatives' Committee on Education and the Workforce. Click here to read his remarks: "Preparing Today’s Students for Tomorrow’s Jobs: Improving the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act."
- On January 21, 2014, Kansas Board of Regents Vice President of Workforce Development, Blake Flanders, testified before the Kansas Senate and House Joint Education Committee. Click here to view the PowerPoint presented.
- On February 18, 2014, Kansas Board of Regents Vice President of Workforce Development, Blake Flanders, testified in support for Nebraska Legislative Bill 826. Click here to read his testimony and read Nebraska Legislative Bill 826.