Hybrid Apply Kansas Event
1. Decide which parts to host virtually, in-person or maybe run a virtual interaction during your in-person event. Determine your timeline, online platform and/or computer lab/facility needs.
2. Post Banners & create messaging to remind students that event will occur.
3. Recruit Volunteers- (Could be teachers or college admission staff.)
4. Identify how you’ll want seniors to submit assignments or check off tasks. These tasks could be individual lessons or just assignments to prepare for Application day.
Task #1: Encourage your seniors to identify 2-3 colleges or post-secondary programs they would like to apply to. You could require students to complete some or all of these options.
- Attend a College Fair
- Use a college search tool: Xello, Big Future, Naviance, degreestats, myoptions.org etc...
- Complete College Fit Worksheet
- Visit a college campus
Task #2: Once they’ve identified some colleges, have seniors complete the College Application Worksheet, to prepare personal information they may need to complete their college application on the day of the event
- Could be a virtual event with students completing applications in real time
- Could look like “office hours” with volunteers hosting a virtual form for students to check in with questions or when completed
- Could do a social media blitz when students finish, post where they applied
Task #4: Follow up with FAFSA completion instructions/events & Financial Aid resources
- Next Steps for Students After Applying
- FAFSA Instructional Video
- Financial Aid Informational Resources
5. Incentivize seniors completing all 4 tasks. Certificate? Drawing for a prize? Apply Kansas Swag?
6. Complete the list on the Site Coordinators' page to gather & submit your school’s data to the Apply Kansas team