Virtual Apply Kansas Event
1. Determine your online platform and timeline for event
2. Recruit Volunteers - Teachers, college representatives, etc.
3. Identify how you’ll want seniors to submit assignments or check off tasks
Task #1: Encourage your seniors to identify 2-3 colleges or post-secondary programs they would like to apply to. You could require students to complete some or all of these options.
- Attend a College Fair
- Use a college search tool: Xello, Big Future, Naviance, degreestats, myoptions.org etc...
- Complete College Fit Worksheet
- Visit a college campus
Task #2: Once they’ve identified some colleges, have seniors complete the College Application Worksheet, to prepare personal information they may need to complete their college application on the day of the event
- Could be a virtual event with students completing applications in real time
- Could look like “office hours” with volunteers hosting a virtual form for students to check in with questions or when completed
- Could do a social media blitz when students finish, post where they applied
Task #4: Follow up with FAFSA completion instructions/events & Financial Aid resources
- Next Steps for Students After Applying
- FAFSA Instructional Video
- Financial Aid Informational Resources
5. Complete the list on the Site Coordinators' page to gather & submit your school’s data to the Apply Kansas team