Each year faculty from all 32 institutions are invited to participate in the Kansas Core Outcomes Group Conference (KCOG) to articulate core outcomes for courses to be recommended for systemwide transfer.
The 2017 KCOG Conference will be held October 13, 2017, at Washburn University.
The 2018 KCOG Conference information will be updated in November 2017.
To prepare for this conference, attending faculty should:
- Be familiar with the course, its syllabus, and the course number and title used by the institution.
- Be empowered to write student outcomes and represent the vote of the institution for each course articulated for systemwide transfer.
In order to keep the number of faculty attending the annual conferences to a manageable number, disciplines will be asked to meet for reviewing courses every other year or as needed.
Attending faculty Register here by October 6, 2017.
Schedule of Events
10:00 am Check In Begins
10:15 - 10:45 am Chair/Facilitator Orientation
11:00 am Opening Session
12:00 pm Working Lunch
12:30 - 3:30 pm Breakout Sessions
COURSE LIST FOR REVIEW: DISCIPLINES/COURSES
The following courses were recommended by faculty groups or institutions and selected for possible consideration as Systemwide Transfer (SWT) courses by the Transfer and Articulation Council based on established criteria:
- Environmental Science and Lab
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Principles of Leadership
Additional courses, which are currently included in Systemwide Transfer, will be reviewed for updating core outcomes as necessary:
- Acting I
- Acting II
- American Government
- Art Appreciation
- Calculus I
- Chemistry I and Lab for Majors
- Chemistry II and Lab for Majors
- Cultural Anthropology
- Introduction to Literature
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Introduction to Sociology
- Music Appreciation
- Physics I and Lab
- Physics II and Lab
- Public Speaking
- Spanish I
- Spanish II
- Spanish III
- Theater Appreciation