Kansas Statute 74-3202d established performance-based funding for technical colleges, community colleges, state universities and Washburn University. Each institution’s receipt of new state funds is contingent upon meeting goals outlined in its Performance Agreement. Institutions submit a Performance Agreement for Board approval once every three years and performance is evaluated annually.
Performance Agreement Documents - Old System (Performance through AY 2022)
- Foresight 2020
- Performance Agreement and Reporting Calendar (pdf)
- Performance Agreement Model (pdf)
- Performance Agreement Funding Guidelines (pdf) - Effective for Academic Years 2020 - 2022
- Memorandum of Agreement (doc)
- Data Definitions (pdf)
- Bridge Performance Agreements AY 2020-2022 (pdf) - Originally approved March 18, 2020, with an update to extend through AY 2022 approved May 19, 2021 (pdf)
Performance Agreement Documents - New System (AY 2024 - AY 2026)
- Building a Future
- Performance Funding Timeline (pdf)
- Sample Performance Agreement AY 2024-2026 (pdf)
To be eligible for new state funds all technical colleges, community colleges, state universities, Washburn University, and Washburn Institute of Technology annually submit a performance report. Staff reviews the reports and suggests revisions, as needed. The Board Academic Affairs Standing Committee (BAASC) generally reviews performance reports at meetings held between September and December. The full Board typically acts on performance reports at its December or January meeting. Staff will email performance reporting forms to institutions.