Login to use Planwithease.com (PWE)
NOTE: If you have difficulty logging in or your account becomes disabled, contact PWE toll-free at 1-855-464-6928, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. central time, or email at
For more information on how to login and use PWE, click here, or reference the Participant Guide, click here.
PWE is a plan administration service which will act on behalf of the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) Retirement Program to review and approve distribution requests that are allowed under the KBOR Plans. TIAA and Voya are the only approved investment providers for the KBOR Mandatory and Voluntary Plans. Listed at the bottom of this webpage are investment providers that were previously approved for the Mandatory and/or Voluntary Plan but have been deselected. Distribution requests for the approved and deselected investment providers must utilize PWE.
Important Information for Accessing Your Regent's Retirement Plan Account
- For the KBOR Mandatory Retirement Plan, funds are available only when you have completely separated from service from all state universities/KBOR Office employment or when covered under a Phased Retirement Agreement.
- For the KBOR Voluntary Retirement Plan, funds are available after separation from service, at or after age 59 1/2, when disability status is attained or for an approved hardship or loan.
- If you have questions, you can access the Participate User Guide, click here.
- Please note: income derived from the KBOR 403(b) Mandatory and Voluntary plans is currently exempt from Kansas State income tax. See Kansas Department of Revenue Tax Notice 05-05 and Notice 07-05. If you have questions about the notices or their application, please contact the Department of Revenue (785) 368-8222, visit their web site at www.ksrevenue.org or consult your tax or financial advisor.
If your last employment at a state university was before the dates listed below, your information will not be in PWE and you should contact the university directly. If your last employment was at the Kansas Board of Regents Office, contact the Office directly.
|January 1987||Wichita State University|
|December 1995||Pittsburg State University|
|January 1996||University of Kansas|
|January 1996||University of Kansas Medical Center|
|January 1996||Kansas State University|
|January 1996||Kansas Board of Regents Office|
|January 1998||Fort Hays State University|
|January 2007||Emporia State University|
If you are accessing funds because your employment has ended, you will not be able to print an approval letter in PWE until at least 5 working days after the date of your last paycheck.
NOTE: Hardship withdrawal and residential loan and qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs)
- The above required documentation is to be mailed or faxed to 866-771-5047 to planwithease.com for review before approval can be granted. After you have signed into the PWE website and requested your transaction, look for additional Hardship Withdrawal and Residential Loan information under "Forms" and for additional QDRO info, look under "QDRO."
- Regular Mailing Address: Planwithease.com, P.O. Box 1778, Hartford, CT 06144-1778 or Overnight Mailing Address: Planwithease.com, One Orange Way, Windsor, CT 06095
To access funds from non-approved investment providers, the Human Resources/Benefits Office of the state university/Board Office where you last were employed will need to sign off on the paperwork. (See contact listing below.)
If you need further assistance, please contact the Human Resources/Benefits Office of the state university where you were last employed by using the following contact list.
Emporia State University
Fort Hays State University
Kansas State University
Pittsburg State University
University of Kansas
|University of Kansas - Lawrence|
|Medical Center - Kansas City|
|Medical Center - Wichita|
Wichita State University
Board of Regents Office
Forms and Documents
- Bona Fide Separation From Service Information
- KBOR Loan Certification Form (use this form if PWE is not an option that works for you)
- KBOR New Hardship Request Form - (use this form if PWE is not an option that works for you)
- Qualified Domestic Relations Order Information
Investment Provider List (all are deselected except for TIAA and Voya):
American Century Investments
American United Life
Ameriprise Financial, Inc
Lincoln Investment Planning, Inc.
Modern Woodmen of America
ReliaStar Life Insurance Company
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
Victory Capital (USAA)
Voya Retirement Ins and Annuity
Waddell & Reed Services Company