The first step in going to college is to apply! For most students, applying to college can be a daunting task, but it can be particularly overwhelming for students who may be the first in their family to pursue postsecondary educational dreams or have yet to consider their plans after high school. Apply Kansas gives seniors time and space to work on their post high school plans during the school day early in their senior year among their peers and with help, guidance, and a cheering squad from school staff, local community supporters, and post-secondary educational staff members.
Apply Kansas: College Application Month is a state-wide initiative in partnership with the American College Application Campaign. The goal of Apply Kansas is to provide encouragement and support to Kansas high school students as they apply to colleges and universities to increase the state's college-going rate.
Become a site coordinator! If you are interested in facilitating an Apply Kansas event for your school in October 2020, complete the brief registration form. We will provide training, resources and tips along the way to help you host a successful event!
Why Should Your School Participate?
- Show your school's commitment to post-secondary success and life-long learning.
- Help students who may not have the support they need at home to confidently apply to college and/or seek financial aid.
- Provide resources and support that will help students accurately complete application and/or financial aid forms, which will increase their likelihood of being accepted to colleges and receiving financial aid awards.
- Open doors to possibilities students may not be able to realistically identify as post-secondary options for themselves.
- Help increase the college going rate in the state of Kansas, which should assist in developing a skilled and knowledgeable workforce for the Kansas economy.
Within these sections a sample of helpful resources is provided for both site coordinators and students. Schools who register to hold an Apply Kansas event will receive several additional resources and a full training guide.
Apply Kansas Statistics
|Year||# of Schools||# of Students||# of Applications||Map of Event Locations|
For more information, please contact:
Erin Wolfram, Apply Kansas - State Coordinator
Associate Director of Academic Affairs
Kansas Board of Regents
Follow Apply Kansas on social media!