The Kansas Adult Education Calendar contains notices of events and reporting deadline information for Kansas Adult Education Leaders:
- 2019-2020 Adult Education Calendar - Update 7/23/2019 (pdf)
- Kansas Combined State Plan (pdf) - The Combined State Plan for Kansas promotes a shared understanding of the Kansas workforce and fosters development of comprehensive and integrated approaches for addressing business and worker needs.
- Kansas Adult Education Policy Manual (pdf)
- AESIS Manual (pdf)
- NRS Online Trainings
- Follow up Activity Packet
2021 Integrating Academics Grant
- RFP (doc)
- 2020 AO-K Handbook (pdf)
Kansas Adult Education adopted the national College and Career Readiness (CCR) Standards for Adult Education in April of 2013. Published by the Office of Career, Technical, and Adult Education, the purpose of the standards is to strengthen the links among adult education, postsecondary education, and careers.
Support for using the CCR Standards is available at the Kansas Mission Possible Blog Spot.
EMPLOYER ENGAGEMENT INITIATIVE
The Kansas Board of Regents Employer Engagement Initiative recognizes business and industry for partnerships with education. The initiative provides a platform for community and technical colleges, and adult education programs to recognize key employers for contributions to the system, institution, program, and students.
CONNECTING BUSINESS AND EDUCATION: Adult education programs nominate employers at one of three levels (Supporter, Partner, and Champion). Each level carries a different distinction, as well as different levels of contribution to a program by the employer. Once an employer is nominated, the Kansas Board of Regents, in cooperation with the Kansas Department of Commerce, provides an award that recognizes the employer and the institution for their collaborative efforts. Two copies are then disseminated to the institution, one for the college, one for the employer.
The Kansas Adult Education Practitioner Standards
The Kansas Adult Education Practitioner Standards provide adult education professionals guidelines for the delivery of high-quality adult education through the program’s leadership, instruction, and support services.
Northstar Digital Literacy assessments provide meaningful assessment that could lead to a certificate useful for employers and job seekers. Online assessment modules include Basic Computer Use, World Wide Web, Windows, Using E-mail, Microsoft Word, Social Media, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
The Adult Education Proficiency Attainment Model (PAM), formerly known as the Comprehensive Adult Education Planner, is a set of modules and relevant resources that describe necessary elements to effectively serve those participating in adult education programs.
- Kansas Adult Education Proficiency Attainment Model - revised November 2019 (pdf)
- Kansas Adult Education Proficiency Model Presentation (pdf)
- Kansas Adult Education Proficiency Model Quiz (pdf)
The Kansas Adult Education Association (KAEA) was established in 1947. KAEA's endeavors of training Adult Educators has only allowed more and more people to improve their knowledge and the basic skills adults need to successfully carry out their roles as parents, productive citizens, and economically self-sufficient workers in the 21st Century. Through the Accelerating Opportunities: Kansas (AO-K) initiative launched in 2011, students continue to have the opportunity to acquire stronger reading, writing, and math skills, as well as enrollment in career pathways-based postsecondary education.
Literacy Information and Communication System (LINCS) is a professional learning community for adult educators that provides access to resources, professional development, and a connected network of practitioners.
Assorted forms for use by Kansas Adult Education Program Leaders.
- Data Validation Checklist NEW - updated 10/2019
- Adult Education Budget NEW - updated 12/2019
- Statement of Expenditures NEW - updated 07/2019
- KBOR WIOA Consent Form (pdf)
- Professional Development RFP (doc)
- IELCE Program Summation Form (pdf)
- Integrating Academics Grant Forms