The Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) Retirement Plan is a component of the benefits and compensation package for faculty and staff who serve at the six State Universities and the KBOR office. The plan has four components:
1. Eligible faculty and unclassified professional staff participate in the KBOR Mandatory Retirement Plan.
2. Eligible faculty, unclassified, and classified staff can elect to participate in the KBOR Voluntary Retirement Plan.
3. The Retirement Plan Committee has oversight responsibilities for the KBOR Mandatory and Voluntary Retirement Plans.
4. Participants in the KBOR Mandatory Retirement Plan and faculty who are on approved long-term disability are eligible for KBOR Long-term Disability Benefits.
5. For information about the KBOR Mandatory and Voluntary 403(b) Retirement Plans, please see the Retirement Plan Guide.
6. Eligible faculty and unclassified professional staff can apply at their university to participate in the KBOR Phased Retirement Plan.
For information about distributions from the KBOR Retirement Plans, please see Accessing KBOR Retirement Plan Funds.