1. Reserve computer labs or classrooms/facilities for your event.
2. Post Banners to remind students that event will occur.
3. Recruit Volunteers - Could be teachers or college admission staff.
4. Prepare Students for the Event.
#1: Encourage your seniors to identify 2-3 colleges or postsecondary programs they would like to apply to. You could require students to complete some or all of these options.
- Attend a College Fair (either virtual or in-person)
- Use a college search tool: Xello, Big Future, Naviance, degreestats, Encourage, etc.
- Complete College Fit Worksheet
- Visit a college campus
#2: Once they’ve identified some colleges, have seniors complete the College Application Checklist, to prepare personal information they may need to complete their college application on the day of the event
5. Apply Kansas Event Day!
- Complete College Applications
- Request Transcripts
- Submit fee waivers (when applicable)
- Students complete Sign out survey
Reporting your Apply Kansas Event data is the only requirement of participating in this program. At a minimum you’ll need to submit the following information to us at the conclusion of your event:
- Number of seniors who submitted an application
- Total Number of college applications submitted
- Number of KS Public Colleges receiving applications
- Select one of these check out surveys for your students to complete after completing their applications
- Social Media Blitz! Post pictures with an Apply Kansas banner listing the colleges they applied when finished
6. Submit your site data to Apply Kansas by December 1st.
7. Follow up with FAFSA completion instructions/events & Financial Aid resources
8. Incentivize seniors completing all 4 tasks. Certificate? Prizes? Apply Kansas Swag?
9. Complete the list on the Site Coordinators' page to gather & submit your school’s data to the Apply Kansas team