In-Person Apply Kansas Event
1. Reserve computer labs or classrooms/facilities for your event.
2. Post Banners to remind students that event will occur.
3. Recruit Volunteers - Could be teachers or college admission staff.
4. Prepare Students for the Event.
#1: Encourage your seniors to identify 2-3 colleges or post-secondary programs they would like to apply to. You could require students to complete some or all of these options.
- Attend a Virtual College Fair
- Use a college search tool: Xello, Big Future, Naviance, degreestats, myoptions.org, etc.
- Complete College Fit Worksheet
- Attend a Virtual College Visit
#2: Once they’ve identified some colleges, have seniors complete the College Application Checklist, to prepare personal information they may need to complete their college application on the day of the event
5. Apply Kansas Event Day!
- Complete College Applications
- Request Transcripts
- Submit fee waivers (when applicable)
- Students complete Sign out survey
- Social Media Blitz! Post pictures with an Apply Kansas banner listing the colleges they applied when finished
6. Follow up with FAFSA completion instructions/events & Financial Aid resources
- Next Steps for Students After Applying
- FAFSA Instructional Video
- Financial Aid Informational Resources
7. Incentivize seniors completing all 4 tasks. Certificate? Drawing for a prize? Apply Kansas Swag?
8. Complete the list on the Site Coordinators' page to gather & submit your school’s data to the Apply Kansas team